Friday, April 17, 2009

chartbeat

chartbeat

Chartbeat enables you to see what's happening on your site in real-time. You can see how many people are visiting your site, what they are doing and how they are interacting with your content as it happens.

I've had a new analytics service called Chartbeat running on this blog for a while now. You haven't seen it until recently when I put this widget on my right sidebar.

Chartbeat widget

Prediction: Cisco announces Skype acquisition?

The cool thing about Chartbeat is that the stats are real-time. They tell me what is going on right now. If you click on the button on the upper right sidebar that says "Traffic Stats", you'll get a page that looks like this:
Traffic stats

I publish all the publicly available stats on this blog that I normally track (I wish I could do this with Google Analytics but can't or don't know how). The top link on that page is now Chartbeat so anytime you want to see what is going on here in real-time, you can click on it. This is what you'll see:


There's actually a lot more data on the page (and the additional tabs) but that's all that I could capture with my screengrab.

Chartbeat combines a very slick and appealing UI with lots of real-time data that I've never been able to get on this blog until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment